Monday 18 November 2013

I Forgive Myself...

Learn to Forgive Yourself 

I recently fell in love for the first time in my life with a girl,it felt good.But then i suddenly realised that i was walking on a beach along the coast..at times small tiny pebbles were coming under my feet.After walking some miles i see an island.It looks beautiful.I like it very much.I want to land on it and want to make it mine.So i decide to swim towards it.My friends tried to stop me,the people said don't go..but i was like screw it! Lets do this..so i jump in the water and start swimming towards the island..my hands were aching..the water was cold..but i swam on..When i finally stopped swimming i realised that the island was far behind me.

I have learned, that the person I have to ask for forgiveness from the most is: myself. You must love yourself. You have to forgive yourself, everyday, whenever you remember a shortcoming, a flaw, you have to tell yourself "That's just fine". You have to forgive yourself so much, until you don't even see those things anymore. Because that's what love is like.

Think back to the last time
somebody apologized to you about something. Did you forgive them? There is a very good chance that you did.
Now think back to the last time you harmed someone else. Have you forgiven yourself? Probably not.
We all make mistakes. Oftentimes, through our actions, somebody gets hurt.

I am going to confess something that nobody knows

,but this is the only way i am ever going to forgive myself.When i was 10 years old.I was not studying properly and misbehaving so my mother took some shoes and beat me.It was pretty bad..i still remember that beating i took from those white shoes *shiver*..i was angry..VERY ANGRY..so i went to the washroom to wash my tears and to think how could i harm my mother.I took a bottle of shampoo and poured all of its content in the drinking water filter that we had..i wanted to kill my mother.

But fortunately when she was going to drink i stopped her.I told my parents that i had poured shampoo in it and made some lame excuse that i wanted to play with the shampooed water.
I still remember this incident to this day..i love my mom very much..and i am sure she wanted and still wants the best for me,but this memory just clings to me..i just couldn't let it go.But today i let it go.i forgive myself.

And then a strange thing happened: I realized that not only was I not going to forget how much i love my family, but that I would never make the same mistake again..and it made me write this post for you guys too!
In an instant, I had forgiven myself, letting go of the pain and accepting that I could still be a good person even if I made a serious mistake.

So have you caused youself some or others any pain?
Have you hated yourself?
Made some mistakes that you cant change now?
Have you killed someone and are in a lot of pain due to your actions?
Its time to forgive yourself.
How to Forgive Yourself Right Now 

1. Accept yourself and your flaws.

Know that despite your flaws, you are okay as you are. Your flaws, rather than making you “less” of a person, are what make you who you are. What you think of as a defect actually makes you far more interesting to others.
You are not perfect. You make mistakes.
But you are also on a path of growth. Your mistakes and failures help you improve. As flawed as you may be, you must accept yourself, flaws and all, if you are to make progress in your life.

2. Remember that you are not a bad person.

You can do something wrong while still being a good person. A lot of guilt or shame can make you feel like there is something wrong with you.
Realize, right now, that there is a very big difference between doing a bad thing and being a bad person. Even when you do something that you regret, you most likely had a valid reason for doing it at the time (even if that reason doesn’t make rational sense).
You didn’t do something bad because you are a fundamentally bad person; there was an intent, or valid motivation, behind your action.

3. Talk to someone.

Sometimes you just need to get it off your chest. Talking to someone else about what is bothering you can have serious benefits.
  • Another perspective. When you are upset at yourself, emotions can cloud your reasoning abilities. A friend will often point out a reason why you deserve to forgive yourself that you never would have seen.
  • Social support. You always feel better when somebody else has your back. Knowing that other people are less critical of you then you are of yourself can be encouraging.
  • Therapy. Professional help may be necessary or at least a good decision in some cases. If your self-hatred seems insurmountable, you might want to consider this.

4. Do the best friend test.

Imagine your best friend had done exactly what you did and then came to you for advice. What would you tell them?
You would reassure them and tell them not to be so hard on themselves. You would tell them that everyone makes mistakes. You would tell them that they deserve to be forgiven.
Why can’t you say this to yourself?
Forgiving yourself is far more challenging than forgiving someone else because you must live with yourself and your thoughts 24/7. Despite the challenge, emotionally healthy people must have the capacity to forgive themselves when they have made a mistake.
When you forgive yourself, you are not pretending as though it never happened. On the contrary, you are acknowledging that your actions have consequences. But the consequences need not include self-inflicted negative feelings.
Not forgiving yourself is like picking at an open wound; you are only making a bad situation worse. The wound is already there, but you do have control over your reaction to it, and you can stop it from getting worse.
If you can forgive yourself when you make a mistake, it becomes easier for you to address the consequences of your action in a productive way.

“When you initially forgive, it is like letting go of a hot iron. There is initial pain and the scars will show, but you can start living again.” 
― Stephen Richards


Bye Guys until next time.Be happy.Be kind.Eat maggie but not alone,invite me too! 
tongue and yeah dont forget to FORGIVE YOURSELF.
Peace,

1 comment:

  1. gr8 writting..nw i can forgive myself for the mistakes i made in my life..thanx Attreya..
    peace..

    ReplyDelete